Join a community dedicated to Christian living and homesteading rooted in faith.
Hi there! I’m so excited that you stopped by my homestead corner. I have always dreamed of having a simple farm where I can raise chickens, and sheep, and have fresh ingredients straight from my yard. I’m still working on making my dreams a reality. See that farm silhouette above? That’s going to be my farm one day. I can just see myself and my family sitting on the porch in the evening, enjoying each other’s company, the sunset, and the relaxing animal sounds.
I’m Sam, and I love spending time outdoors and growing my own food. I’m always looking for new ways to be more self-sufficient and sustainable. My goal in life is the be debt free and build up a self-sufficient homestead that I can pass down to my future generations. I hope to share my love of homesteading with others and teach them that we can all be a little more self-sufficient. If 2020 has taught us anything it’s that we should rely on our local supply chain and not as much on the global supply chain. Local is not only fresh but also helps build up the local economy too.
I’m starting to work towards my farm-life dream by growing microgreens, gardening, and baking. I don’t have the space yet to grow enough produce to sell, however, I can grow microgreens and bake fresh bread. So that’s where I’m starting. I’m filling the need I see here locally by adding more nutrient-rich foods available for folks to eat. Even better, I’m here in the Salem, Oregon area and I can produce microgreens all year round.
Not familiar with microgreens? Read more about them here!
You can find me at the Salem Community Market in-person events during the Farmer’s Market season (only with microgreens at the moment), and you can also order direct from my website. If you have any questions please feel free to email me at [email protected].
- A New Chapter of Faithful LivingDear Wondrous Bloom Community, As we step into the promising embrace of 2024, I find myself reflecting on the incredible journey that has brought us together. The past year has been marked by growth, challenges, and profound lessons, and it’s with excitement that I share some significant changes and plans for the future of The…
- Instant Pot Sesame Garlic Wings: Crafting a Proverbs 31 Lifestyle in Your KitchenWelcome to The Wondrous Bloom Homestead, dear reader, where the aroma of love intertwines with the melody of sizzling spices. Today, our kitchen doors swing wide open, inviting you into a space where recipes are more than a list of ingredients – they’re stories, traditions, and whispers of warmth passed down through generations. As a…
- Microgreens: The Nutritional Powerhouses You Never Knew You NeededDiscover the mighty power of microgreens and their impressive nutritional benefits! Learn about what microgreens are, their potential health impact, and creative ways to incorporate them into your diet.
- Why Buying Local Matters: Supporting Your Community and the EnvironmentAs consumers, we hold the power to shape our local communities and economies by choosing where we spend our money. We’ve all heard the phrase “buy local” thrown around, but what does it really mean? At its core, buying local means purchasing goods and services from businesses that are independently owned and operated within your…
- Microgreens Avocado Toast